Saturday, June 18, 2011

Trying to catch up.

I woke up this morning. Finished my most recent reading (Regeneration by Pat Barker) - only had another ten pages to go, so it didn't take me long. Collected some books, and selected a new novel.

And realized I am now officially three novels behind on this blog.

Expect a note about the quality of Tom McCarthy's Men in Space tomorrow. Hopefully a note about Everything is Illuminated by mid-week, by which time I expect I will have finished my current novel (Waiting for the Barbarians by J. M. Coetzee). Regeneration the following week, putting me only behind by a single novel, and perhaps some Non-Fiction and a note about short fiction.

Regarding the Non-Fiction - I am currently fighting every desire to quit my journey with An Irish Heart. I'm getting close to finishing it though (after months of fighting the reading). I don't have much to say, other than that Sharon Doyle Driedger is not a historian - and the historical training that I have (and will be getting in the near future when I start my M.A. in Canadian History) is somewhat concerned that this piece of work can be regarded as a product of notable quality. But I'll tear it apart later - perhaps it will thoroughly impress me in the final half.

No comments:

Post a Comment