Thursday, June 16, 2011

Books you have to read.

As I will once again be a student in the fall, pursuing my M.A. in Canadian History, I have started organizing in my head a list of literature that I have to read between now and then. I'm trying to limit it to 5 pieces of fiction - just to be realistic. Many of them are quite large and will likely take me a week, or two, or three (or more), so I have to be mindful of budgeting my goals.

I also have to accept the fact that, when I am finished my current book, I am unlikely to find one of these books on my shelf and decide to read it. It is just a goal of mine that I will.

The Wars - Timothy Findley
2666 - Robert Bolano
The War at the End of the World - Mario Vargas Llosa
Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie
Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood

Realistic, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment