Saturday, April 23, 2011

On finishing books of considerable magnitude.

I have finished Beatrice and Virgil.

I couldn't help it - I couldn't hold back. The writing sucked me in, so did the characters - even those that were merely fictitious characters within this work of fiction. And it comes away with such moral power, it disrupts your comfort and your compass. The ending shocks you - in 30 pages you feel twisted and abused as a reader.

But it is so good.

I am going to need time to let this book germinate in my head. And then I will write more.

For now I will tell you only that you should read this book. It only takes a day or three, but it is absolutely worth it.

On to Annabel, by Kathleen Winter.

And War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy. Let's try out this new reading strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment